1. Create a directory on your C: drive called xdo_top
2. Create a sub-directory called temp: C:\xdo_top\temp
Create a sub-directory called resource: C:\xdo_top\resource
3. Create a xdodebug.cfg file in the resource directory with the following 2 lines:
4. Optionally copy an existing version xdo.cfg file if you need it for barcodes, micr fonts, etc. Note: You can find this in one of the oracle bi publisher template builder directory's.
5. In MSWord goto the Add-ins menu for BIP, Click on -> tools->options->java options, Add the following: -DXDO_TOP=C:\\xdo_top
Note: The screen shot also has a memory parameter, you do not need the memory option -Xmx256M
6. Restart msword* Not really needed but a good idea
When you start bi publisher and preview a template from MSword the following should happen:
- xdo.log should be created under c:\xdo_top\temp.
- The log file should contain rich debugging information to help you with your troubleshooting.
When would I need to use debugging?
As an example, let say you wanted to use the xdo.cfg file to configure a font, but that insolent micr font isn't working in your template. You can review the log to see if it's indeed being pulled in.